Saturday 13 November 2010

“Changes of life” -By Ashish Gutgutia

          
When you change your thinking,
You change your Beliefs...!!
When you change your beliefes,
You change your Expectations...!!
When you change your expectations,
You change your Attitude...!!
When you change your attitude,
You change your Behaviour...!!
When you change your behaviour,
You change your Performance...!!
When you change your performance,
You change your Life.


I’d like to share with you this poem. It is very short but meaningful. I used it as a resourse for some practise classes with eleventh year old kids.. I started the class telling students the poem through pictures that represented the underlined words. While Iwas Saying the poem, I sticked the images on the board and  encouraged them to say it with me. Then, we said the poem using the pictures. After that, I gave them the written version. The title was not written. They had to write an appropriate one for the poem. We worked on that trying to discover What the poem is about, We performed different activities. Students worked on vocabulary. They tried to infer meaning using the pictures. I tried they notice the organisational pattern of the poem, because the main outcome of this activity was to write a new version, or add more changes. We talked about the topic of the whole unit, which was “Time goes by” They  talked about changes they had suffered during their short life, and I wrote their ideas on the blackboard. Using some of those ideas one of the students produced this:

“Changes” – By Ezequiel

When you change your Perfomance,
You change your Personality...!!
When you change your Personality,
You change your Interests...!!
When you change your Interests,
You change your life.

                                                                                                                        Kelro

2 comments:

  1. I liked the poem very much...These maxims are worthy to be tried I think. Well post :)

    Slavonic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. It was a wanderful class, also. I strongly recommend you to try them...Children really enjoy working with such things. Kelro

    ReplyDelete