Saturday 30 October 2010

Handy Mandy

If you have Young children in your house, you surely have watched this program. It’s about a man who has different talking tools, and they repair everything. It’s very enjoyable for kids, but also very didactic. While the different stories of Handy Mandy occurs, he teaches language (Spanish if you see it in the original version) using lexical items real contexts. And you should see how easy the children learn watching it! I was talking with my nephew a few days ago, a he told me the name of the tools in English. I was total amused!

Evan

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Evan!!!! Yes, that is totally true. I used to watch that programme with my children, they liked it very much. I think, Discovery Kids channel brings many other useful and enjoyable programmes where kids can also learn vocabulary and expressions in english. You can use those programmes as a resource for your teaching lessons,too. Kelro

    ReplyDelete