Saturday 1 May 2010

Song: “Spending my time” by Roxette

After listening to this song many times, I looked for its lyrics to read them because I was really interested in the song´s topic. The fact that it tells us about a solitary woman, who has fallen completely in love with a man, who doesn´t care about her, makes me feel sad and dissapointed because more than once, I felt in the same situation in which this woman feels. Besides, I can´t stop thinking about how powerful love is, it has the ability to make someone feel so small and miserable, as this woman says she feels after spending her time waiting for him to come. I also like this song very much because, like the message it transmits, I think that, the majority of the times, when people feel frustrated because of love matters, they tend to become depressed and close their minds without letting anyone help them, instead of finding a solution or at least try to change their views.

Bryana

3 comments:

  1. What a good song!! Ilove it, It's part of my teens' days. I was all the time listening to Marie FRederikson and Per Glesse. "Join the joyride" and fading like a flower were my favourite.
    Ignatius Reilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Fading like a flower" too. Roxette...what a classic pop band from the golden 80s...Those happy years...LOL!! So dramatic! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the song on the screen, immediatly I remembered my adolescence. What a beautiful song!It belongs to the "Join the joyride" album.I think that they were a fantastic duet. Another of my favourite songs was "Dangerous".I love it.

    Mamushka.

    ReplyDelete