Saturday 1 May 2010

The Last Night of the World by Ray Bradbury

This story is about a conversation between a couple that had dreamed about the end of the world. In their dreams the Earth would stop that night. After talking for a long time and realizing that every one in the city had had the same dream, they discuss some ideas such as the reasons, or how is going to happen. They wonder what everybody else will do during their last night. They just choose to act as always do. They'd drink some coffe, wash dishes, put their girls into bed,read the papers, get into their bed and say goodbye.
Was that the last night of the world? I don't know!!! It's an opened-ending story. Don't you hate that kind of text? I do. Anyway, I invite you to read it because it develops some ideas to reflect on for example, the way in which we live, or maybe to discover what things we are missing in our lifes.

Kelro

1 comment:

  1. It resembles something I read from Ray Badbury too: Embroidery. If I come accross this reading for sure I'll take a look at it.
    Regards.

    Slavonic

    ReplyDelete