Wednesday 19 May 2010

The most frightening day of my life.

Last year I spent my summer holidays in the popular resort of Entre Rios. The hotel was comfortable and beautiful. The people were very friendly and talkative. In fact, I was having a marvellous holiday until the storm.
It was Saturday evening and everybody was relaxing by the swimming pool of the hotel. Some of us were listening to music, some of us were reading books, and others were playing in the water. Everything was calm and tranquil, but then all of a sudden, we heard an explosion! There was a terrible hush, and then a whisper of panic went around the place. An employee tried to appeal for calm, but he was drowned out by the sound of the swimming pool being struck by lightning. A strong wind blew, and suddenly all the things around us were in the air. I could hear people crying and shouting as we all saw trees, cars and bicycles flying through the sky. Then, against all odds, the strong wind stopped and rain began to fall. One of the men at the swimming pool announced that the situation was under control. I was very frightened. I suppose it only lasted a few minutes, but to me, it seemed like a lifetime.
Two years have passed since then, and to be honest, I don’t think I will ever be able to go to that place again. It was the most frightening experience of my life.

Milkyway

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering whether it was a hurricane or what? Fortunately you lived to tell! Anyhow, this may be an "interesting" anecdote to relate your friends or in familiar meetings.
    Regards.

    Slavonic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand really how you felt in that moment because something similar happened to me last year. My boyfriend and I were travelling to Villa Gessell in his car.It was during the afternoon when the sky started to get dark. As soon as we were getting near to city, the clouds were bigger and their colour was like a strong purple,forming incredible figures. We were very frightened but we needed to find a safe place where to protect from the storm. Fortunately, we found an YPF service store and we stayed there till the heavy rain stopped.

    ReplyDelete