I have recently read an article in the newspaper about tourism and a new tendency around the world: bike rentals. The biggest cities in the world, such as Paris, New York, Barcelona, Mexico City, or London adopted this system which is helping urban areas reduce automotive traffic and pollution, while providing locals and tourists with a convenient, cheap and healthy means of transport. In the city of Buenos Aires the program “Mejor en bici” was presented with the objective to encourage the use of bicycles as an ecologic, healthy and fast mean of transport. Besides, it allows tourists get to know the city in a different way, exploring it and acquiring a different vision of the urban area.
“Mejor en bici” also includes the construction of ciclovias, the creation of stations of rent and parking as well as the promotion of road education.
Every day there are more cities that join this world tendency that allows the introduction of the bicycle as a real and sustainable alternative. The use of bicycles brings benefits like the following ones:
- More freedom to move in the transit, favouring the traffic circulation in the city.
- It improves the physical health and it helps to stay fit.
- It is ecological. It does not need fuel and does not generate contamination.
- It is economical. Its mechanics and its maintenance are of low cost.
- In some cases, the time of trip is minor compared to other means of transport.
In short, if you are thinking of travelling, now you have a new alternative: to know your destination on two wheels. The bike renting is fun, easy and environmental friendly so, why not to dare to prove it?