Monday 2 August 2010

The Yeya

When I was ten, my family and I went out from La Plata to a 5500 km journey in just 14 days along with “the yeya”, a Peugeot 504 1973 model. It was an incredible experience that will live for ever in my mind. It was the most exciting experience I have ever had. The yeya led us to the route 9 and 34 till we reached Villazon, Bolivia. In this way, we went through the provinces of Santa Fe, Santiago del Estero, Tucuman, Salta and Jujuy. On our way back, the yeya challenged the route 40 famously known because of its ways of gravel, temperatures higher than 33º C and a height of 4080m above the sea level. Going back down to Catamarca and Tucuman, there were no words to describe what the northern region of Argentina showed us. In other words, I can say that only the yeya and my family were witnesses of the trip that our lifes were counted in kilometers.

Candy

2 comments:

  1. It sounds a very nice trip. I remember these kind of trips with my family too. As you said, they are worth to remember as if they were timeless experiences, because for sure they are. Best.

    Slavonic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thouse kind of trip! Reminds me of my childhood. We used to go fishing everywhere.
    Evan

    ReplyDelete