Sunday 6 June 2010

Hard Saturday night

It was a Saturday night, I was bored at home and I had been invited to a party in a friend’s house in Banfield. I wasn’t sure whether to go there or not. The distance and the money I’d have to spend made me doubt about it. Late at night I decided to go, so I took a bath and rushed to the railway station. Fortunately, I could catch the last train. There were no inconveniences; everything was alright up to Quilmes, where the train stopped. A person had committed suicide by throwing himself onto the railway tracks. For this reason, the train had to stop until the police arrived, and moved the corpse. I was running myself into trouble. As it was getting late and the place was unknown to me. I did what most of people did. I went to a bus stop, stood in a long queue and waited for the bus. The problem was that I hadn’t enough coins to pay. I needed change and there wasn’t any open shop where to get some. I walked two blocks to the nearest drugstore, got the change, and on the way back to the bus stop I saw the bus running off with everybody in. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I thought there was a curse on me. Desperate as I was, I began walking for a taxi. After walking a few blocks, I could catch one. We made an arrangement and he took me to the party for twenty pesos. It was quarter past four. Resentfully, I walked towards James’ house, which was in complete darkness. No sooner had I stepped in front of the door that read a notice on it that said “girls, we are in Tom’s house in Lanus”.
I took the first bus home with the last pesos I had. I arrived home at half a past six, exhausted, moody and penniless. I could finally say home sweet home, from now on no more parties, trains, buses, or even taxi cubs for me.

Ignatius Reilly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I´ve read your anecdote an d feel so sorry for you. Instead having fan you had many problems. I had some experiences like yours before, anyway I still going out. You should take into account distace and money before going out.Or should get a car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel sorry for you because this bad experience you had. You have to take into account to have the enough money when you want to go out or maybe you have to call a friend to take to the party. Better be safe than sorry (this is an excellent proverb that you need to know).
    Poly (June)

    ReplyDelete