Friday 7 October 2011

Difficult Students

Some days ago we all heard that a director in a school was badly hit by a student and his mother. This fact, I think, shocked all of us and made us think more about it. Nowadays, our government wants to include children and adolescents with really bad behaviour in schools no matter how they are and what they do. In my opinion, it is terrible because teachers have to deal with these students who are disrespectful and violent. What is more, most of them do not want to do anything at school, laugh at their teachers and classmates, and do not let their partners work in class because they disturb them during all the lessons they have. The problem is that no one in schools can do anything about it so teachers have to try to do their best and deal with them as they can. But sometimes it is impossible, and I think that something has to be done as soon as possible. 
 
Tania.

3 comments:

  1. What happened some days ago was really shocking, but it is not the first time it happens. When these situations occur I really think twice about me. I’m studying to be a teacher and I do not know if I could deal with something like that. I know that this does not happen in all the schools, but it does. So, how do we have to face these things? What can we do as teachers and as members of the society? I believe that neither a lecture about violence nor all the things that we can do as teachers is enough, because the crisis that the society is going through goes beyond our influence.

    Çalra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you at all, Tania. This kind of problem is getting worse day by day, year by year. The fact is that our governments have no idea about how to deal with it. They don't understand the concept of "inclusion", which is a nice concept, but totally misunderstood by them. When including those children at school, what they are really doing is excluding the rest of the class from learning in an appropriate environment. To include just one or two students with behavioural difficulties prevent twenty or thirty from their right of learning. In addition, rules and regulations about schools are incredibly inappropriate. This is, I think, the root of the problem.

    Blue worm

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a huge problem to deal with, sometimes you don't know what to do, but there's always somethig we can do about violence. I know it's terrible to face this sort of situations. However, I agree with Blue worn in that we need to know the origin of violent behavior and work hard on that.

    ReplyDelete