Monday 19 April 2010

A song

When I think of ‘the song’ and its lyrics in particularly, I can only figure in my mind the picture of the marvellous ‘SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW’. It can easily make you go into its wonderful world with a great colourful rainbow behind, birds and butterflies flying all around. Then, these gigantic flowers all over the place giving the perfect smell that makes you feel like walking in the air. Also, if you close your eyes and listen carefully to the kind melody of the song, you may feel like expanding yourself in the atmosphere. Sometimes, the music is capable of provoke on you the entire state of peacefulness.
Click HERE to read the lyrics and HERE to listen to the song.

Isabella

3 comments:

  1. Well, as far as I can see (because I'm trying to figure all these posts-stuff out), I'm the first to comment what you wrote. I must say, I really like that song too. The first time I listened to it I was rocking myself on those sort of hammocks you hang out at trees' trunks on a summer's day. It was an utter lullaby-like moment. I think you recaptured the beautiful images this song may transmit to anyone sensitive to allegoric melodies; those ones that can make us connect our memories to some situations of life. Once I read those moments are worthy to be called magic moments. Human being has the unquestionable capability of treasuring these memories...maybe it's a matter of being conscious of it.

    Slavonic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, Isabella. This song is marvelous. In fact, the power of the music is a marvelous. It can make us happy or sad.
    I wonder how a combination of sounds can induce a person into a "new world" just by listening to it.

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never listened to this song before and I didn´t know this singer either. But I was fascinated after watching the video. What a deligthful voice! Now I understand why you felt like this every time you listen to this wonderful song. The author used a combination of words such as adjectives, verbs, nouns, collocations to transmit this state of peacefulness , among other sensations I think, that you mention and that I felt too when listened to it.

    ReplyDelete