Saturday 24 April 2010

THE CATCHER IN THE RYE

The catcher in the rye is a story about a conflicted teenager who doesn’t know what to do with his life. He thinks of himself as special, different from the rest of the people. He wants to be the protector of children, preventing them from being corrupted by the adult world. Which is why, he decides to be a catcher who helps children to be innocent and pure as long as possible.
In my opinion, it is a very well written story and some of the main character’s attitudes are so accurately described that it seems as if the writer would be talking about you. After I read it, I realized that I had a lot of things in common with the main character. I’m sure everybody would fell the same way. I strongly recommend people to read and enjoy this story.

Sun

5 comments:

  1. Hello Sun:

    I think you should mention the writer, in case someone is interested in reading the book.

    Anahí

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Sun, when I read it I notice a lot of things in common with the main character. I think that,The Catcher in the Rye is in fact a perceptive study of one individual's understanding of his human condition.When I finished it I asked to myself, Is Holden actually the one who is going insane, or is it society which has lost its mind for seeing the hopelessness of their own lives?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the novel when I was about 14 years old and I agree with you, Sun, in that it is an enjoyable story. As it is told from the point of view of an adolescent, I felt quite identified with the character (though he was irritating at times).
    The story clearly reflects common problems, mixed feelings and difficult situations teenagers have to face. We, as adults, might well have forgotten that.So, having in mind how they feel is very important to know how to help or guide them, as parents or teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi its a good summery of the story. I´M very interested in reading as soon as possible.I think that some stories reflects our experiences and feelings, through characters.I´ll try to read thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sun: I completely agree with your opinion about the novel. I think that adolescents have to face different situations that cause them fear and uncertainty about the future. Something that I’d like to add is the idea that at the end of the story, Holden places himself in a different position, as if he is finally trying to do the correct things instead of just doing what he wants to do...may be, he is finally becoming aware that adolescence doesn’t last for ever, or isn’t he??? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete