Saturday 8 August 2009

An Unforgettable Journey

Three years ago, I suggested that my family, my sister’s family and I should go fishing to a quiet and peaceful place. We wanted to go to Monte in two different cars: my car and my sister’s. I went with my husband and my children, and my sister went with her husband and their daughters. We left home early in the morning and it was a beautiful and warm day. We were travelling on the road to Monte for two hours, and then I stopped to buy some things on the way. From the moment we had left the place my sister’s car engine started hiccupping and it suddenly stopped. After that, my husband towed the car to the nearest garage but there wasn’t one nearby. Consequently, we decided to go back home but I suggested stopping to fish near a lake I had seen. I didn’t realize the lake was in the middle of nowhere. Later on we spent the night and we caught a lot of fish. Late at night, while everybody was sleeping, I heard a strange noise. Suddenly I saw my car moving backwards and it sank in the lake. I woke everyone up immediately and we tied a piece of rope to the front bumper to pull it out of the water.I felt very surprised and I couldn’t understand how that had happened. The following day, we decided to go back home early since we had gone through an unhappy situation.Fortunately, I could tow my sister’s car home. It was a long and tiring journey and we were all exhausted.I will never go fishing again because it was a bad experience to me! What do you think?

Lilo

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God!!What an experience!! I really enjoy reading your story. This is the kind of thing that at the moment your eyes can not believe but after a time is so funny to tell. Thanks for sharing it with us. Just in case, thanks God I do not like fishing!!!jajajaj

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, your anecdote caught my attention from the very begining I started reading it. The final, fortunately, was not so serious.I recommended that you follow going to fish because it does not mean that it will always happen the same. It was just something circunstantial that happened to you but could happened to anybody...it was just that.

    ReplyDelete