Friday 28 August 2009

Poodles

I have been breeding poodles for the last ten years of my life. And I must confess that thanks to them my life has changed for ever. But today, I am not going to tell you how they changed my life, what I want, is to tell you how this amazing breed is, the general appearance, character and sizes, colors and how to keep it.

If you decide to buy one, you should know that the general appearance of a Poddle is of a very active, intelligent, elegant-appearing, squarely built, and well proportioned dog that will always be moving soundly and carrying himself proudly

Although it is thought this dog is stupid, the Poodle, or better known in our country like Caniche, is considered one of the most intelligent breeds of dog. According to the standard of the breed in Argentina, we have different sizes: toy, miniature, medium, and the standard.

Regarding colors, here we have a great variety of coat colors. You usually see on streets the white ones but you could also find black, grey, brown and apricot. So, the alternative is it not only the size but you should also decide the color.

In order to keep your pet very attractive you should brush your dog’s coat and visit the dog’s groomer , at least, once every two months.Physical maintenance, like care of coat and nails, is also one of your dog's basic needs
Well, I can write a lot about them but I do not get you bored. May be next time I will tell you something more!!!

Pedro

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you because I have a miniature poodle. His name is Benjamin and he is very intelligent, obedient and sociable, but when he is alone in my home, he chews up things such as toys, shoes, pillows, etc. I think that he wants to call our attention because he doesn´t like to stay alone and he needs frequent interaction with people or other animals. But, I try not to worry so much because I love him!

    Lilo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pedro, I will give you some more information about poodles because I am an expert in animals like dogs. This breed is even-tempered, fun-loving and intelligent. Poodles are considered the most intelligent breed and their position in the ranking is the second. You,as an owner, can easily train them to learn and perform tricks.The Poodle is trouble-free in terms of getting along with other dogs, pets, strangers and children. To sum up, they make companions with their intelligence and adaptability, but please don´t let them be alone due to their destructive spirit.
    Miss Squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels so good to know that there are people that love animals like you!!!. I breed, groom,and show them. One of my dog is an Argentinian Champion, another was selected as the best in show among the best 60 poodles in the country in 2004. In addition, I have a special place where we groom and trim only poodles.As you can see you find this breed anytime and anywhere in my life jajajj. Kiss and hugs!!!!!

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete