Thursday 17 September 2009

Is special our Birthday?

A birthday is the day that is exactly a year or number of years after a person was born. Some people think that b-days are nothing but another day in a calendar. But, for many of us it means more than the sum of years we have been living on earth. What makes them special is how we live it, appreciate it, enjoy it and make it important

A birthday happens once a year and it is a right moment to remember the concept of rebirth. So, we have the possibility of another chance, a new beginning. No matter how things went last year, we always have the capacity to try again.

It is a time to get together, with everyone you really love. There is no better way to celebrate a birthday than to spend the day with the people who take care of you every time you need. That is why you should appreciate all the things you have done to deserve all these people near you.

It is good to be thankful for what you have in life and what you have achieved. Every simple thing you have is part of what you really are. Every moment is a decision, and you are the only one to decide. So, enjoy everything because everything was made by you.

Make your birthday important! It is the day your story began but the important thing is that you are still alive, one more year. Remember that it is also an occasion to rethink your life and if you do not like the way…on b-days you have a new opportunity to start again.

What about you?
Is special for you your birthday?
How do you feel that day?
Pedro

3 comments:

  1. I believe I am one of the few persons who wait so anxiously the day of my birthday. Most of my friends prefer not to celebrate it, they consider that day as any one else. It is not special for them. On the contrary, every year I organize a big party to enjoy with my parents and my friends because my birthday is a date in which I give thanks God to be alive.
    Birth is my beginning. It is a window to the chance of a lifetime, the chance to fulfill my unique mission. Moreover, it is much more than an occasion to receive gifts. It is a chance to remember the day that a major event occurred, to celebrate and give thanks and to reflect upon how well I am fulfilling my calling.
    My birthday is a time to celebrate birth itself, the joy of life. It is also an occasion to rethink my life. No matter how things went yesterday, or last year, I always have the capacity to try again. My birthday is a refresher, a chance for regeneration, not just materially, but spiritually.
    There is no better way to celebrate a birthday than to commit a special act of goodness. It is easy enough to say you are thankful; it is far better to show it by doing a kind action, something that you did not do yesterday. Not because someone is forcing you. Not because someone suggests it. But simply because your inner goodness, your soul, wants to express its thanks for being born and alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pedro:
    My birthday is a special day for me, because it represents that time goes fast and sometimes you don´t have enough time to think about how life is going on but that day you realize how at the same time past, present and future are connected. I celebrete each birthdays as it was the last of my life, meeting people at my place, eating and talking everyday routine. Of course, I prepare a big cake with chocolate and only one candle. How is your celebration?

    Miss Squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I don´t like celebrating my birthday. I just consider it as any other day of my life. However, I gather at home with the ones I love but I don´t feel at ease. It´s not on that day I think of what I´ve achieved on earth or how rewarding it is to be on it. Rather, I do that quite often while in contact with nature.

    SPARKLING

    ReplyDelete