Tuesday 21 September 2010

Bad news

When I was a child, I wished that my older brother had a wife and had children, too. When I grew up, I felt that my dreams had been fulfilled. My brother married the best woman on earth. Her name is Alejandra. The wedding party was wonderful. They didn’t have a honeymoon because they hadn’t got enough money, but  the most important thing was that Alejandra was pregnant. My first nephew, Iván was born in November the 16th. In the next year my dear Sabrina, Ivan’s sister, was born. But this wasn’t all, in October 2001 a new baby was born; my brother and his wife decided that I was going to be the baby’s godmother, and I was very touched by their decision!
Then my brother decided to go to Spain His poor economic situation brought him the idea of travelling to Spain. We all missed my brother at home, but at least the kids were still with us since he travelled alone in the first place. However, one day he phoned his wife and told her that life in Spain was, in fact, much better than here. Then all of us thought the same: the children were going to Spain as well. We hardly had one more month before Alejandra and the kids left the country to join my brother. Today, after many years, I still remember the face of the boys; they were very unhappy and cried a lot. I’ll never forget that day. 
Milkyway

1 comment:

  1. You have to be very proud of your brother and your sister-in-law. They dediced to do the best for them and for their children. It doesn't matter the distance between you. They are your family so you have to wait that they come here to visit you. Once there, tell them how much you love and miss them!!!
    Poly

    ReplyDelete