Tuesday 21 July 2009

The Moon, 40 years ago.

It is likely you can recognize these famous words:"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" and immediately you associate them with the lunar landing mission in 1969. The astronauts Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins became not only the first humans to land on the moon but also the symbol of friendship around the world because we celebrate the friend's day in their honour. I found it difficult not to relate these events with some myths. Maybe you heard about the story that says that mission was a fake. It is said that it was a staging made in the Hollywood studios, but Americans managed to dismiss those versions and there nothing happened. All in all, today we celebrate a new anniversary of the first landing on the moon , an experience to envy!

Sky

3 comments:

  1. A couple of years ago,I investigated a lot on the Moon landing. I sat for a Language and Culture final test and this was the topic I had chosen to talk about. It was a great experience because I almost became an expert on the topic. I remember I could not stop reading the ``7 dìas´´ magazines´ articles my granny had piled on the wardrobe, and loads of information from the internet. I do believe in that first step on the moon and I think it was a very important achievement for humanity.

    SPARKLING

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was a lie, it was a big one!!Anyway, thanks to this we have a special day to celebrate with the people who share our lives..Friends!!!!! and all this thanks to the moon jajajjaj

    On the other hand, if "sparkling" became an expert in the topic, tell us something more about the "big lie" if it realy was.

    Pdro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say that the landing on the moon was a lie, rather I would say that this fact is still a mistery. I didn't investigate about the topic in deep, but I have watched those images several times and I didn't find any evidence to comfirm that the whole thing could be a simulation. Anyway, I think it was a very important step for mankind even though there are still doubts about the veracity of this historical event. Apart from this question of true or false facts, I agree with Sky and Pedro about the legacy we've got from this controversial landing on the moon: we found the way to make an excuse for meeting friends, at least once a year, and have a great celebration.

    Atlantis

    ReplyDelete